Very disappointing service
Feb 09, 2020 09:25 PM 988 Views (via Mobile)

I had used AMPL for shifting from Trivandrum to Chennai (Consignment #GCTDRM192000678) . APML was quite "efficient" in the pre-payment stages of the transaction with regular phone calls/ and/ mails from HO & Trivandrum to ensure that the Order is bagged. But after that my troubles started which I am listing in below.

1. On the day of Survey, 20th Jan, the sales exec was given an appointment to visit my home at 9.00 am and he landed up after 2 hours. And there was no call from him to alert me that he would be late. I had to call him and he gave the reason , GAADI KHARAB HO GAYI. But I could have been informed on phone that he will be late. This is despite his written confirmation that he will reach my place at 9 am. The only answer was a series of SORRYs.

2. During my meeting with the sales exec on 20th, I had specifically indicated that goods have to be picked up from two locations (flats), and that I will not be responsible to handle "union people" in Trivandrum or any other location. Accordingly the rates were fixed. But when the packing team came to my flat on 24th, they started telling me that I have to pay the union people. Also that they have been told of only one loading location, instead of two. Subsequently, your team spoke to each other and I realized that there was a serious communication gap within various functional teams at APML.

3. The goods were moved on 24th Jan as decided from my Trivandrum flat. But the next day when we went to clean our empty flat, we saw that utensils in two cupboard shelves in the kitchen were left behind and not taken in the truck. Immediately we called the sales exec and he started giving evasive answers on this lapse. I brought this to the notice of his supervisor who promptly directed the Trivandrum office for action. Thus a team came and packed and took it and assured us that this consignment will reach one day after the truck reaches Chennai.

4. It was assured by APML, Trivandrum that the consignment will reach Chennai on Sunday 26th January. As of Monday 27th afternoon, there was no direct communication from your end that the consignment has been delayed, nor was there an intimation on expected time of delivery. After multiple calls to the supervisor I was informed that it will be delivered the next day.

5. it was 30th Jan and there is no communication whatsoever from APML regarding its status. After a series of lapses in the past few days, your customer handling process continues to remain appallingly bad.

6. The goods were finally delivered on 28 Jan 2020 and the second consignment which was missed packing was delivered on 3 Feb 2020. Fortunately all the goods reached without any damage at Chennai.

Despite writing / taking to various levels of people in the company including the Director Mr Saransh Agarwal they have not bothered to respond or offer any compensation for all the hassles we've faced. The only silver lining was that the goods reached without any damage at Chennai. This is not the customer service I expected when I paid 50k for shifting from a "reputable" brand like AMPL.

Agarwal Packers and Movers LTD. (Agarwal Group)