Nothing damaged but everything else was shocking
May 09, 2020 12:06 PM 8565 Views (via Mobile)
(Updated May 09, 2020 03:21 PM)

The packing and moving experience was horrible for me. It is true that nothing was damaged. There were scratches and some heavy furniture got disoriented but for the large distance, overall they did a good job. My experience was horrible with the packers. They were a rude bunch in Udaipur Rajasthan, stole some money to the tune of 1000 from the bedroom which I told them not to enter just then as I wasn't there because of my baby. I had a 5 month baby and no help. They made my husband run around to get them lunch, tea etc.

They drove off in our car, all five of them, and stepped on the baby stroller and baby seat that was in the car. They took 1000 from us as tip which they demanded in rude voices and said there is no petrol in the car and took another 500 to drive to their HQ 20 kms away. UPon arrival they opened the seal before we arrived. They stole some loose bags of brown basmati rice of 20 kg and no idea what else. At Orissa jajpur they made us unpack their blue boxes and got my husband to pay them 500 tip to reach. The car was brought to us on time but the driver said it didn't start, and took 500 from us for that, then said no petrol and took another amount for that. It was a horrible experience. We had paid to the tune of 1.3 lakhs in the bill upfront to their representative for the car and the container. ( Don't remember the exact amount).

I had already reached out to their Delhi team but they didn't address it, only the damaged furniture. It took me 6 months to unpack their 30 to 40 boxes and their feedback form has no space for items missing or Seal broken before our arrival etc. This was in 2018 Nov.

I would like to warn the others of this especially south Indians to not be bulldozed by them because you are polite or are a young couple with young children like me. Be firm with them and discuss all this beforehand with the representative and keep a supervisor phone number in case they demand anything. Don't be too friendly and let them use your plates , jugs etc as they just take it away if they fancy it.

Agarwal Packers and Movers LTD. (Agarwal Group)