Home > Books > Book Stores > By City > Bookstores in Bangalore > Strand Book Stall - Bangalore

• Strand Book Stall, Bangalore

Thank you Guest for your contribution.
Details submitted will be verified soon.
You will receive an email once your information is published.
Product:
Landmark:
Example: Near Pali Naka
Phone Number:
Example: +91-22-26058753    Add more phone numbers
Comment:
500 characters maximum
I agree to the Terms.

Stranded at book sale and enjoying it...

By: | Jun 22, 2007 02:44 PM

Woke up this morning in Bangalore the weather outside resembled a misty mountain top and didnt want to venture out to office. Was too lazy to get walk out and get the newspaper and no motivation whatsoever (wife and son out to inlaws place). It was too late(around 7.20 am) for a person who gets up by 5.30.

Got hold of the paper and lo behold what do I see - Strand Book Stall sale starting today! what the!

Been waiting for either Ashish book centre's sale or any good book sale to hit the town. Only hurdle being the weather. jumped out pulled out my laptop - nowork till 12 noon.

Just love hitting the book sale in the first hour it opens - not much of a rush & most of the times you get bargains which you could never imagine.Well suddenly I was ready to leave for the SALE - truly a mother of all sales.

Hit the destination - Basava Bhavan bang in the centre of the city at 1005 am and disappointed that I wasnt in the top 10! There were lot of us who had come out of the beds for this event.  Event say I.yes. event.

Went thru the most of the books.had to get to office

In first 10 minutes found a book - was looking for the last 1 year - Stella in Heaven by Art Buchwald - the joy was almost school boyish!

In the science section I found Feynman - Perfectly Reasonable Deviations From The Beaten Track: The Letters Of Richard P. Feynman the large collection put together by his daughter. Penrose, Gilmour, Darwin & Kafka all were there

Though I didnt find What Do You Care What Other People Think?: Further Adventures of a Curious Character  by Feynman.wasnt complaining.

Also found Dave Barry in the Classics section - I almost flipped by the time I left it was arranged properly. this are some of the fringe benefits of going early - a good laugh and no harm.  Will decide which of his books to pick on monday evening(I avoid these sales on sat /sun).

Now the section I the most in a Strand book stall sale - Strand specials - The entire bunch of Calvin & hobbes was staring at me from a boxed set. I had to physically push myself to get out of its sight. Didnt want to pick it up right now. that's all. Also available was Peanuts Celebration edition priced rightly at Rs.500.

There was this book on Bob Dylan which I hadnt heard before. Plus a book on his guitar notes.

The other book I was looking for.but didnt find Curtain by Agatha Christie.

The coffee table book section had an interesting line up this time around

By now I realised that I had to reach office in 20 minutes and come out of this fantasy trip of mine. Will be there again soon before family comes home. . The sale is on till July 1st.RUN you!

Additional details about Strand Book Stall, Bangalore

Availability of Lounging: Yes   |   Spacious: Yes

How Useful was this Review?