Paper Handling:

Ease of Use:

Service & Support

Print Speed:

Range of Features:

Generally with the  printers either you can buy a cheap inkjet printer and keep paying for the supplies through your nose, or you can buy a laserjet and keep your running cost low. I have many project reports to submit to my college and my inkjet printer always had this problem of paper jams and ink running dry, so I decided to go for a laser Jet printer this time. I took my dad with me and went to Nehru place looking for a good Laserjet Printer.

Nehru place happens to be an odd place. People have stacked up all sorts of products and still don't seem to know much about the functions of the product. Or maybe the ones I met had the opinion that girls are technologically inferior and will buy anything they say.:-) Jokes apart, I had to go through many product manuals to find a printer that would do everything I wanted.

Finally, I decided to try Samsung 1600 printer. They said that the running cost was very low and I could bring it down even further by getting the toner cartridge refilled by them.( Later by searing on the net, I realized that I could do that bit myself provided that I was not too worried about losing the warranty on my printer) Brought it home, plugged it in and got it installed in about 10 minutes. Didn't have any trouble with printing the papers also. It had also the economic mode for saving the toner.

Getting the toner is difficult at some places and I had to go to Nehru place to get the new toner, it's not like HP that everyone keeps.

Overall, I would suggest it to anyone who is looking for a good personal laserjet printer. Though there are occasional paper jams, I guess that's there with all the printers.

Pros

• Low cost of Running

• Toner Save mode

• Easy to Install

Cons

• Toner is not available everywhere

• Paper Jam problems

Write a Review on Samsung ML 1666 Single Function Printer