• Norge Audio

Thank you Guest for your contribution.
Details submitted will be verified soon.
You will receive an email once your information is published.
Product:
Landmark:
Example: Near Pali Naka
Phone Number:
Example: +91-22-26058753    Add more phone numbers
Comment:
500 characters maximum
I agree to the Terms.

Norge Stereo Systems

By: | Aug 16, 2010 03:17 PM

I love listening to music and deiced to go in for a stereo amplifier and speakers. I listened to a lot of bad advice before I came across this excellent forum on the web, hifivision.com, which is very active and has a lot of knowledgeable and helpful guys from every part of the country.

However this was not the end of my confusion.

The world of audio equipment can be a vast ocean for a normal (read averagely stupid) human being - like me.

Firstly, there are mass-market companies with large marketing budgets, strong regional/global distribution, and the sacrosanct mandate to make money for their shareholders (and let the devil take care of the poor sod who actually buys the over priced rubbish they sell).

The posters at highfivision.com helped me get all the facts clear on these things.

However, as I moved from the mass market mania into the realm of the connoisseurs on hifivision.com I found that, there can be pages and pages of techical spiel which can be churned out and thrown around, and hey, the budgets go really crazy.You can end up spending as much as money as you would spend on buying a small car (or a very good bike) if you take the advice of the seasoned audiophile - and you would have sourced most of the equipment from abroad, from the 'grey market', or from dealers in India at a hefty cost.

Then I noticed that there were a lot of people posting about an Indian brand called Norge, and ALL the reviews, without exception were superb.Each and every buyer was overjoyed with the purchase, and the budgets were reasonable.

I read more and more and discovered that Norge equipment is made in India by a firm called Eastern Electronics which produces audiophile quality amplifiers and speakers in Bombay.

I went to the website and finally decided to get the Norge Concerto Gold 1000 amp and the Norge Millenium Bookshelf speakers.I will not speak about specifications and features here ; You can check out the rest of the products and the specifications from the website : norgeaudio.com/

I listen to various kinds of music - Rock, Jazz, Blues, Pop, Choral, Church Music & Old Hindi Film Music, and I audiotioned with a sample from each kind.I am absolutely delighted with my purchase.I never imagined that such excellent sound quality could be achieved by an Indian company.Hats off to Mt Sam Bajaj, the man behind Norge Audio.

Here are some of my observations.

• Overall sound quality is exceptional.There was no noise/hiss even with the dial at 3 o clock- I found that the amp handles the bass end superbly well, so if you are into rock/blues/jazz, you are going to be delighted.I also found that when I listened to church music, there were entire potions of the pipe organ ( where the organist uses the pedals getting the deep bass, ) which ealier were just blurred and noisy, came out distinctly and the recording actually sounded totally different.- My source was my flac/mp3 files played through a laptop.Flac sounded slightly better. There was no difference in quality playing a CD through my Philips CD/DVD player. - The Concerto 1000 drives the Millenium Bookshelves extremely well, and at with the volume dial at 12 o clock, it completely fills the 20X20 ft room with great sound.Any higher than that and I will have the neighbours complaining.

I recommend Norge to anybody who loves music and wants to enjoy every note and every beat.

Additional details about Norge Audio

Purchase Price (INR): No Comment

How Useful was this Review?