Home > Health and Beauty > Health Centres > Hospitals > Gurgaon Hospitals > Medanta The Medicity - Gurgaon

• Medanta The Medicity, Gurgaon

Thank you Guest for your contribution.
Details submitted will be verified soon.
You will receive an email once your information is published.
Pin Code:

Medanta The Medicity - Gurgaon Address

Near Rajiv Chowk, CH Baktawar Singh Road, Sector 38, Gurgaon 122001, HR

Medanta The Medicity - Gurgaon Contact Number

+91-124-4141414, +91-124-4411441

Medanta's Robotic surgery at an affordable cost

By: | May 19, 2011 10:48 AM

I was diagnosed with Cancer Prostate by Dr. Sailendra Goel in Kailash Hospital and admitted in Medanta for Robotic Radical Prostatectomy with Bilateral Pelvic Lymphadenectomy under GA on 07.02.2011 under Consulting Doctor – Dr. Rajiv Yadav and discharged on 12.02.2011

My choice for the procedure in Medanta was influenced by the ads came up in news papers and in internet in which the emphasis was given on providing world class medical facilities, services at minimal cost and philosophy of serving humanbeing.

At the outset I thank Dr. Rajiv Yadav for providing appointment on the same day I contacted him through internet and over telephone on 24.01.2011. I thank Dr. Rajiv Yadav and his team for completing the procedure to my entire satisfaction and also the hospital management for providing excellent facilities backed by effective and efficient systems and procedures.

For benefit of your organisation I thought it prudent to share some of my suggestions with you based on my experience during my consultation and hospitalisation periods.

Some of the positive points worth highlighting are –*

i) Dr. Rajiv Yadav in one sitting on 24.01.2011 completed all aspects of the procedure – technique, tentative date of operation, duration of hospitalization, cost, post operative implication if any etc. He smilingly clarified all our queries and didn’t mind to speak to my daughter living abroad over telephone.

He, also, offered to me to speak to any of the patients in the hospital having same ailment and already operated upon. He also discussed about the ways and means to reduce cost and arranged to have a look of a twin sharing room. Giving priority to the human approach over commercial was laudable and it is, now a days, rarely seen.

He also offered to talk to him any time in 24 hrs on telephone/ internet for clarification of any query. He also told that in case he is not available his Secretary will be there to help. This was a great gesture and I got immediate response whenever I tried to contact him or his Secretary.

All these above gave me enough confidence that I had gone to the right person and hospital.

ii) Dr. Yadav gave sufficient time to discuss any point during post operative period and, even, enquired about my recovery after discharge.

iii) All pre-hospitalisation tests – 3T MRI for prostate, Bone Scan, Cardiology Clearance and PAC, were so planned that it could be completed in one day on 28.02.2011. This was very helpful particularly people like me, a senior citizen, coming from a distant place. It was very helpful as it saved time and cost.

iv) Tie up of the hospital with GIC for cashless facility was, also, very helpful.

v) The nurse on duty always introduced the relieving nurse at the end of shift which gave confidence in the mind of the patient regarding continuity of service. BP, pulse rate and temp. were monitored at specified interval.

vi) Almost all the staff were rendering the services with a smile. The ward boy or maid did never even waited with expectation of tips. It helps in maintaining good standard of service. This is a good practice and needs special attention to maintain.

vii) Effort was made by Dr. Yadav to reduce the cost of surgery without compromising the interest of the organisation and the quality of the service. This helped to keep the final bill lower than the estimates. It helps the people like me retired from PSU having no pension facility and GICs not willing to give high medical coverage as the policies in such cases are taken after retirement.

How Useful was this Review?