• Maharajas Express

Thank you Guest for your contribution.
Details submitted will be verified soon.
You will receive an email once your information is published.
Product:
Landmark:
Example: Near Pali Naka
Phone Number:
Example: +91-22-26058753    Add more phone numbers
Comment:
500 characters maximum
I agree to the Terms.

Maharajas’ Express: It’s simply a ‘wow’ experince

By: | Oct 30, 2012 04:37 PM

It was my second journey on board a luxury train, but certainly the most exciting one as I traveled across the heartland of the country aboard Maharajas’ Express, the newest of luxury tourist trains in India. For me, it was a dream turned to reality. Though not the entire country, but I explored some of the spectacular destinations of north-central India during this 168 hours of journey.

Out of the five newly introduced itineraries, I found the ‘Indian Panorama’ the most exciting one. It was quite implied that a visit to the magnificent Taj Mahal would be the most stimulating part of the journey; but believe me, the prediction went wrong when I visited the Khajuraho temples. The entire temple group is like a story book on which the mythological stories are inscribed beautifully on the rocky surface.

Indians are known worldwide for their compassionate hospitality tradition and this time I actually experienced that. Wow! We were offered a grand welcome at Delhi’s Safdarjung Railway Station from where the journey began. From the national capital we headed towards Jaipur, the capital of Rajasthan. We visited a handful of destinations in Jaipur including Hawa Mahal, Jantar Mantar, City Palace and Amber Fort, and also enjoyed a lavish lunch at an exclusive venue.

An early morning jungle safari to Ranthambore National Park on the 3rd day was a nail biting experience for all of us. Although we were not lucky enough to get a glimpse of the Bengal Tigers, our guide showed us the foot marks of this valorous predator on the surface of the land and also showed us different other species of flora and fauna in the jungle. Next on the list were two UNESCO World Heritage Sites – Fatehpur Sikri in Rajasthan and Taj Mahal in Agra.

For me, the most exciting part was the 5th and the 6th day of the journey. We visited Orcha and Khajuraho, two of the most mysterious tourist destinations in Madhya Pradesh on the 5th day. These two places speak much about the ancient and medieval history of the country. On the 6th day morning, we entered Varanasi; I woke up at around 4 O’clock as I didn’t want to miss the beautiful sight of the Ganges under the fresh morning rays. And it was a real celestial feeling that your soul can’t escape when you are in Varanasi.

A day long sightseeing in Lucknow and experiencing some royal delicacies from the kitchen of the Nawabs was probably the best way to mark an end to a lifetime journey. Though the modern way of life entered the city, Lucknow still exhibits its bygone day royalty in the most beguiling manner.

Like every good thing, the journey aboard Maharajas’ Express came to an end on the 8th day morning as the train reached Delhi again. I am a travel addict and whenever I get chance I set off to explore the unknown and the unheard. Though the ticket fare is a little high, I must say that the journey worth every penny that I spent. I will highly-recommend this journey to all those who have a finer taste towards the ways of life.

I just booked my this luxury train trip from: themaharajasexpressindia.com/ and happy with the services.

Additional details about Maharajas Express

Frequently travelled class on this train: No Comment

How Useful was this Review?