• Lenovo Vibe X

Thank you Guest for your contribution.
Details submitted will be verified soon.
You will receive an email once your information is published.
Product:
Landmark:
Example: Near Pali Naka
Phone Number:
Example: +91-22-26058753    Add more phone numbers
Comment:
500 characters maximum
I agree to the Terms.

Lenovo Vibe X Address

Lenovo Vibe X Brand Name

Lenovo

Good but not great!

By: | Feb 16, 2014 04:53 PM
Lenovo Vibe X

After switching from Spice to Samsung then LG and finally Lenovo. Fed up after so many switches. Wish I could have waited for the most awaited Moto G which was released in India few weeks ago. Read a no recommendation from a user on Moto G, but that review got not useful from so many members.

I have brought Lenovo Vibe which was trending in market for almost couple of weeks. Maybe this hype was because Motorola was taken over by Lenovo. In the end I would say that I regret my decision on buying this phone. Although I've given a 3 star in every aspect I would still hope for better stuffs after paying 23, 600/-

All my friends had suggested me Grand 2, which also has been released recently but seeing my friend using Grand which hangs quite often and has battery issues I opted for Lenovo. Among all the phones that I have owned till now I prefer LG phones which are quite user friendly and good in User look and feel too.

Lenovo was actually my brother's choice and he endorsed me to buy Lenovo, I don't say it's too bad neither would I say it's too good. It's average and after paying so much one could opt for some other high end mobile. As my brother paid for it, I had to buy what he felt was nice.

Let me cover key points about this phone:

Firstly, the specifications of the phone are:

*16 GB Internal Memory and 2 GB RAM

Android v4.2(Jelly Bean) OS

1.5 GHz Quad Core Processor

5-inch(1920 x 1080) Display

Curved Glass Display toughened with Gorilla Glass 3

5 MP Secondary Camera, 13 MP Primary Camera.*

The specifications are descent enough if you compare them with any other phone coming in the range of 23 but that feel does not exist. I compared my phone with a phone of my friend which had almost the same specification, I felt his phone was comparatively better than mine.

I felt a bit disappointed at that point of time and that was when I felt that the phone isn't worth the money that I've invested. Since then I have compared my phone with almost all of my colleagues, and in some case my phone was better and in some case my colleagues had better phones.

Sound and Reception:

The sound and reception was good enough and I am happy enough with it. But after using smart phones one thing that I have realized that after few months the sound quality deteriorates, and still early days for me but I am satisfied enough with the sound and reception. It's been almost a month and half I've used this phone so keep watching this space as I would update more on the sound and reception.

The thing that surprised me was the style and design, truly didn't expect Lenovo to have such clean and steady design. The interface is just so stylish. One more thing that was noticeable was the sleekness of the mobile, and it's just 121 grams which is way less than smartphones nowadays.

Reliability & Durability:

So far so good, no issues and as it comes with Gorilla glass 3 this part too was well engineered. The rear cover is laser etched fabric feel rear cover, altogether a different feel while holding it.

Ease of Use:

It was not that difficult to use it, but initially when I started using this phone I used to search for a button that would take me to the application screen as in other mobiles I couldn't find it. Ultimately one of my friend told me that it was a not a stock OS but custom built that meant Lenovo has modified the OS and installed. Didn't understand much as to what he said, but it was a bit difficult to navigate easily.

Range of Features:

Few good inbuilt features provided like Share IT, Sync IT & Secure IT. Many more features to available but soon would be upgrading to kitkat once it's being rolled out.

The battery too isn't that great with just 2000 mAh Li-polymer embedded battery, and the memory isn't expandable.

I've tried video calling and it's quite smooth. The front and rear camera are both very good, and this has to be one of the best aspects in the phone.

Although the phone is quite good on papers, it does not live up to it's expectation of beating the best. It's was a simple logic that I applied, If you buy the not so famous brand phones for 20-25k, it should give you the feel of owning a 30k good brand phone which this didn't. So I wouldn't be one sided and considering the positives I would say that in terms of value for money I would rate it 3/5.

Final Verdict:

I am a bit disappointed but still it isn't that bad also, so I would say that if you are a die hard fan of Lenovo than you can opt for this one or else stick to LG and Samsung.

Additional details about Lenovo Vibe X

Purchase Price: 23,600/-   |   Talk time (minutes): No Comment

How Useful was this Review?