Home > Health and Beauty > Makeup > Face Makeup > Lakme Face Makeup

• Lakme Face Makeup

Thank you Guest for your contribution.
Details submitted will be verified soon.
You will receive an email once your information is published.
Product:
Landmark:
Example: Near Pali Naka
Phone Number:
Example: +91-22-26058753    Add more phone numbers
Comment:
500 characters maximum
I agree to the Terms.

Radiance Compact

By: | Dec 21, 2011 03:22 PM

I bought this in the lightest shade Ivory Fair 01. This shade is a warm color(has a yellowish tinge). I was contemplating on getting the next shade Rose Fair 02, which was a cool shade(had a pinkish tinge), but since these days I am using about 2 shades darker than my facial complexion(in order not to look very ghostly white, and in order to try and match the warm undertones on my neck, and also in order to lend some healthy-looking colour to my face AND also in order to cover up the redness on my cheeks). This advice: courtesy the MUA at MAC. But let’s get on with this review. I would most probably also be purchasing the Rose Fair shade or even the next shade after that, as I still have quite a few Ivory shades of foundation which I want to use up before buying a foundation in a shade or two darker, and I want to use darker compact over these Ivory foundations. Am I making sense?

This Lakme compact is available in about 5 or 6 shades, and you will find shades to suit both warm and cool undertones. I think I would be alternating between using the Ivory Fair shade and the Rose Fair shade as I found the Ivory Fair shade to be a bit too yellowish for me, but that’s just my personal opinion.

What I like:

1) Good choice of shades available, to suit both warm and cool undertones.

2)  It claims to be containing Multi-Minerals, which are obviously good for our skin.

3)  It also says that it is Oil-Free, which is great.(The Lakme Perfect Radiance Skin-Lightening Foundation is not Oil-Free at all, but I guess that’s because it’s supposed to lend a glow to the skin.) True to this compact’s claim, I really found it to be Oil-Free.

4)  It is soft and smooth.

5)  It contains sunscreen of SPF 20.

6)  It contains Brightening Pearls, though I didn’t see any obvious traces of any kind of shimmer, but it feels nice to wear something that is supposed to brighten up your complexion.

7)  It contains Vitamin B3, which with regular use, is supposed to lighten the skin tone over time.

8)  I find it suitable for everyday use.

9)   Lasts a good 4 to 5 hours without re-touching.

10) Provides medium to full coverage.

11) Didn’t cause any allergies or break-outs.

12) It comes with a mirror attached.

What I don’t like

1) I don’t like that is very highly fragranced – it’s smell is very strong and almost like a talcum powder. This may cause allergies and sensitivities in some people.

2)I don’t like the powder puff that comes with it. A sponge applicator would have been better to attain good coverage and smooth finish.(I have been using a separate sponge applicator hence you can see the powder puff is unused).

3) I have to say yet again that Lakme has still not updated their website with details of this product. The anticipation would have been great if they had done so, at least we would have been looking forward to this product’s launch before it flooded the markets.

This would get 4 stars from me as I really like it, as well as all other new products from Lakme this year.

I would definitely be buying Lakme Radiance Compact in other shades as well, as there is a good variety to choose from this time.

Other shades in Lakme Radiance Skin Lightening Compact:

02 Rose Fair: For fair to medium skin tones

03 Medium beige: For Medium skin tones

05 Honey:Whitish to Dusky Skin tones

Price: Rs. 150

Quantity: 8g

Additional details about Lakme Face Makeup

Purchase Price (INR): No Comment   |   Skin Compatibility: No Comment   |   Duration of Use: No Comment

How Useful was this Review?