Academic Programs:

D-4, Level-4, Rectangle-1, Behind Select City Walk, Saket, Delhi 110017, DL

+91-11-41799993, +91-11-41799994, +91-11-41799995

I.I.fee.M

Aug 23, 2003 07:52 PM 5998 views

(Updated Oct 30, 2003 12:19 PM)

Academic Programs:

Administration:

Extracurricular Programs:

Alumni Network:

* read aruna_K's rev 4 a different view.

IIPM keeps making ridiculous claims , 'dare to think..'while saying this they never forget to prominently highlight the words IIPM- Founder/Dean M.K.chaudhary ,IIMB-B ( you got it ?)since I got the final call from the inst & I did a bit of research ,i think i'm better placed to give a little bit of info as many of the aspirants keep asking - what about IIPM

# Inst - IIPM

# Fee - 4.20(420!!) lakhs

Exorbitant.

# Fee for the GOTA prog in Europe/Aus/Usa/Asia/Africa (optional) -30000 + $1500.

# Scholarship - ''Generous'' scholarship of Rs 100/200/.. and a maximum of 1000/ ( forget about it !!)

# Recognition - Not recognised by AICTE /Ministry of HRD , awards PGDBM recognised by IMI,Europe

( No clue watsoever abt this (IMI) inst.)

It doesn't matter whether the course is recognised , I mean in the broader term,what matters most is the reputation the inst holds with the concerned market/industr because AICTE or Ministry of HRD is not going to provide you any job , is it ? There are several such courses being run by many insts MICA,ISB,NMIMS' advt course to name a few and they are well recognised & received by the market.

# Infrastructure - Not bad.

# Faculty - Good.

# Course content - Excellent .

# Placement - why , ofcourse 100% ( as we all know , all the B-schools in India have a flat 100% placement track record).

They give placement though not 100% % not in all those Fortune 500 cos . You can expect something like 11-13000 PM ( and dont forget to thank God after that ).

# Ranking - Earlier (during the BT survey ) they claimed that they won't participate in any survey ever as they believe tht they are not quilified enough for that job . later ( in the same year) they participated in the Outlook survey !!

Moral of the story- BT is not trustworthy , Outlook is .

Outlook ranking gave them a berth in the Top 20 Insts & 4th place in Industry Interferance.

we wont talk abt other surveys.

Miscellaneous-

• -Arindham.c.- The brain behind all the hype surrounding the inst. No doubt he's a master orator and if the cos visit the inst during the placement session it's all thanks to AC. If you ask AC who ? He's the author of India's largest selling book ( in it's category) Count ur chicken before you eat/they hatch , whatever it is , the book was like ''a little bit of Dale.c in my book a little bit of Deepak.c in my words'' but it cloacked the maximum sale , why ? because he's a master strategist & knows how to market products ( mind you IIPM too is a product ).Count my words , one of these days this man is going to make hay with our money ( last heard , he's into Film-making) . All this is to say that please don't let urself be fooled by the hype .

• -you'll find two insts in the ads all the time IIPM and the other being Amity. and mind you in ads not in news) there's a sea of a difference in being in ads and being in news.

• -The two yrs course sometimes takes as long as two and a 1/2 yrs .

-The number of intake is not fixed , it may b 120 or 250 . so how are they going to give all a decent placement ?

- The inst maked bizarre claims no doubt about it , just check the Inst profile section on the website indiabschools.com average salary -2.98 , placement -98% ( why the figure of 98 , to give it a more reliable look ?).

- One of my cousins who passed out from iipm had to really struggle for a decent job .

- I got the opportunity to talk to a few students studying there and they were like '' thik hai yaar,aana hai kya ?''.

- During my GDPI I noticed tht all the administrative members were carrying a clip-board ( for some mysterious reasons best known to them) and were wearing a ''Paise Laye Ho Kya?'' kinda look . change the inst's name from IIPM to IIfeeM bcoz it's all about the money.

- I was not satisfied by the quality of students participating in gdpi with me . I mean , honestly,i ain't tht good a student myself & if i'm sayin that I wasn't satisfied you can easily gauge the real picture. If you dont have good students you can't give good placement , isn't it a known fact?

- Our topic was 'Do we deserve democracy?'.By then I had decided against joning the inst. so I just kept yelling and shouting others down . Finally I was only the one left speaking .( It's anybody's guess , with such an attitude one can never expect to get the final call , still I got the final call !! . So you know , you are not looking for the inst the inst is looking for you.)

- During PI it was like.. so u r from Bihar.. No sir i'm from laloo-land ,they rechristened the state ..... Bhaiya humme bhi batao kuch laloo ke bare mein.

.... how much do u expect as ur 1st salary ... not less than 36000pm maam.. y 36 and not 35 ( I tell u I really wanted to ask why 98 all the time and not 100).It wasn't a professional GDPI session.

Is it ''JOIN-able''-

Don't commit any ''Dare-devil'' act.

Write a Review on IIPM-Delhi