Control on the gear:

Weight:

Fomas Roadking deluxe - Good entry level Road bike

Jun 17, 2011 12:38 PM 19197 views

(Updated Jun 17, 2011 12:52 PM)

Control on the gear:

Weight:

FOMAS Roadking deluxe is an entry level road bike. In India we dont have good entry level road bikes in the sub 10000Rs category which has been now fulfilled by Fomas

Good things

1. light weight Steel frame. Bike weighing around 16 kgs.

2.  700c double rim wheel. Hence doesn't need truing very frequently.

1. high pressure slick tyres (With Kenda tires fitted it can take pressure upto 110psi)

2. shimano components (2 ratios at front and 7 at rear) - Ratios are not close but I loved the big fly wheel (Chain ring) at front. I could drive at good speed with minimum pedalling but with lot of effort. It is fun.

Things that can be improved

1. The paint quality is nice, but in certain spots like handle bar I think only single coat is provided.

Now I am making 25 kms average a day in 1 hour to 1 hr 20 mins. The cycle is so smooth to drive. I got it for a good deal.

For 7600 Rs. INR I got cycle + Fomas helmet + bottle stand + bottle + air pump from Karnataka cycle mart, Marathalli, Bangalore. In my opinion this is a good value for money product you can definitely consider buying.

Conclusion: Very good entry level road bike. The tires are too slim hence can beridden on paved roads which should be reasonably good. Good for long rides/touring/casual rides. Gear shifter is thumbshifter and shimano derailers.

Very good value for money roadbike.

I have attached snaps of the bike. The bent handle (with drops) came with the bike. I cut the drop part and made it like C shape.

Comes only in 57 cms frame. So ideal for someone who is 5 feet 10 inches tall to around 6 feet.

Write a Review on Fomas Road king Deluxe