Chevrolet Sail U-VA launched at Rs 4.4 lakh
GM's Aveo twins never really took off. The American automaker is now all set to replace them with the Sail twins. First to come is the hatchback - Chevrolet Sail U-VA.
Sail U-VA tops the list of most spacious hatchbacks available in India. Check out the list of 7 most spacious Hatchbacks in India with price and specs here: bit.ly/7-Most-Spacious-Cars
What you’ll like:
• A well-rounded family hatchback
• Superbly tuned 1.3L diesel powerplant. Short-throw gearbox is a pleasure to use
• Spacious interiors. Rear legroom betters some sedans
• Excellent ride quality mated to neutral road manners
• Ideal for city driving: High seating position with a light steering, clutch and gearshift
What you won’t:
• Dated & unappealing styling
• Missing features(No climate control, MID, steering-mounted audio controls, seat height adjustment)
• Sensitive steering at high speed. Needs a steady hand on the expressway
• Some quirky interior bits: Push / pull type door locks, centrally-placed window switches etc.
GM India has launched the first product from the SAIC stable, its 7 per cent partner in GM's operations in the country. The Sail U-Va, the successor to the not-so-successful Aveo U-Va has been priced at Rs 4.4 lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi for the base petrol and Rs 5.87 lakh for the base diesel version. Here are the prices below
DISCLAIMER: This is Just a Spec review with pricing details
Chevrolet Sail U-Va Base: Rs 4.4 lakh
Chevrolet Sail U-Va LS: Rs 4.83 lakh
Chevrolet Sail U-Va LS(ABS): Rs 5.18 lakh
Chevrolet Sail U-Va LT: Rs 5.7 lakh
Chevrolet Sail U-Va LS: Rs 5.87 lakh
Chevrolet Sail U-Va LS(ABS): Rs 6.19 lakh
Chevrolet Sail U-Va LT: Rs 6.62 lakh
The Sail U-Va is powered by two engine options: a 1.2-litre petrol SMARTECH engine that produces 85 bhp@6000 rpm and 11.5 kgm@5000 rpm of torque. The engine is rated to deliver 18.2 kpl according to ARAI test standards.
The other option is a 1.3-litre diesel engine, known by most of us as the Fiat-GM developed Multijet. Badged the SDE Smartech diesel, it produces 77 bhp@4000 rpm and 20.8 kgm of peak torque at 1750 rpm. It delivers an ARAI certified 22.1 kpl. Both powertrains come with a 5-year, 150, 000 km warranty.
GM's Swift baiter is offered with seven colour options and both the engine models come with three trim levels each; LS, LS(ABS) and LT. The top-end LT comes loaded with features like a Bluetooth enabled music system with handsfree, two airbags, ABS among others.
The U-Va has a high level of localisation and the company hopes to bring in more variants, including one with an automatic transmission option for the petrol motor.
DISCLAIMER: Taken from BSmtoring