Home > Personal Finance > Banks > Canara Bank

• Canara Bank

Thank you Guest for your contribution.
Details submitted will be verified soon.
You will receive an email once your information is published.
Product:
Landmark:
Example: Near Pali Naka
Phone Number:
Example: +91-22-26058753    Add more phone numbers
Comment:
500 characters maximum
I agree to the Terms.

Canara Bank Address

Canara Bank Contact Number

1800-425-0018

Canara Bank

By: | Jan 05, 2005 03:11 PM

CANARA BANK is sure one of the best Nationalised Banks in the country. It was actually Founded as 'Canara Bank Hindu Permanent Fund' in 1906 which was subsequently developed as Canara Bank Ltd. in 1910 and after nationalization became ?Canara Bank?. A very significant fact about Canara Bank is that, this is the first bank to be conferred the FICCI award for contribution to rural development.

Canara Bank has number of branches across the country and in the year 1976 established its International Division and consequently opened up various branches abroad viz., London, Indo Hong Kong, Moscow, Dubai and if I am correct in Doha (UAE) too.

Canara Bank has all the transactions which are available in all other Banks, viz., Savings Bank A/c, Current Account, Fixed Deposits, Kamadhenu Deposit Scheme, Recurring Deposits and specially they also have exclusive schemes for the senior citizens. Their interest rates are quite similar to all other Nationalised Banks and though their interest rates are lower, from the reliability point of view, are certainly trustworthy & dependable.

Well, do I have any relationship with Canara Bank ? Although I had a Powerpay Salary account with ICICI Bank and a Savings Bank account with Central Bank of India, after marriage, since my husband and my inlaws had SB accounts with Canara Bank, soon after my marriage, my husband took me to the Canara Bank branch near our residence.

The moment I stepped into the Bank, I could feel the cool (almost freezing) air-conditioned office with neatly dressed staff all around. Most of the staff happened to be women in the branch (KK Nagar, Chennai - 78) I visited and the point was all of them were quite friendly with a warm welcoming smile.

Since my husband had an account with them for more than 7 years, the staff greeted me and of course since I had to open a new (joint account ? me & my husband) SB account, they asked me to submit just two passport photographs of mine. It was nice to find that none of the staff were either chatting or involved in any other personal activities. The very next day my account was successfully opened without any difficulty.

Like other private banks, Canara Bank doesn?t offer ATM Cum Debit cards. Their cards could be used only as ATM Cards. Also, surprisingly their ATM Centres are present extensively across the country and especially within Tamil Nadu, many are found. Their ATM centres are called ?CASH POINT?, wonderfully air-conditioned, with glass doors which could be opened by inserting the ATM Card, with round-the-clock network connectivity.

While opening the aforesaid savings account, I had opted for an ATM Card. The staff at the Bank informed me that I would be sent a post-card intimation and bringing it to their branch, I could sign their Register (maintained manually) and collect my ATM Card. But even after 5 months of opening the account, I observed that I had not received any intimation from the bank regarding my ATM card. So I visited the bank and they requested me to fill in a requisition form once again and you believe it or not, after almost 9 months of opening the account, I received my ATM Card.

Other than my above experience, I would certainly say that comprehensively, the services of Canara Bank are satisfactory and especially at the branch I usually visit, the Branch manager is very friendly and readily helps the customers out during their grieving periods of time. I have opened several FDs with Canara Bank and it is quite amazing to find that we get renewal notices well in advance giving us enough time to decide on the renewal of the Fixed Deposits. Also, another noticeable feature of Canara Bank is that, the staff readily give us counseling as to which scheme of their bank would be best suited to our personal requirements.

Apparently, the interest rates for the housing loans are comparatively pretty lower and Canara Bank offers very good assistance and less documentations to procure a housing loan. One of my colleagues has been very recently granted a housing loan just within a week?s time.

Hence, to wrap up, I would 100% recommend the services of Canara Bank to my dearest MSians due to my personal experiences with the friendliness of the Bank.

Thanx dearest friends for ur valuable time. Provide me with ur most precious ratings & comments on my revu.

Mrs. Jayalakshmi Shyam

Additional details about Canara Bank

How long have you been with this Bank? Since 1- 2 years

How Useful was this Review?